Thursday, September 3, 2009

Giveaway: Pixel Wild Child

I have been anxiously awaiting this giveaway (and this three day weekend) for some time now.
Allow me to introduce Pixel Wild Child and her fantastic giveaway. Kristie describes herself as a "Spanish girl living in Greece...every product in my shop reflects my personal (and sometimes crazy!) views about beauty, life, human behaviour, humour, love..."
When I look at these pieces, I see a talented artist who is attempting to express so much more than personal emotion. These pieces resonate with me because I am a female of this "X" generation, because as a female I have dealt with and continue to deal with issues of self esteem, sexuality, social and gender expectations, and because when I look at Kristie's pieces I see a little bit of myself.
Here are my faves...
Girls and Curiosity

here
Our Generation


here
My Eyes

here
Gipsy woman

here
Pixel Wild Child is offering to one lucky Down and Out Chic reader, a choice of ANY print in her shop! I had a hard enough time trying to narrow my favorites down to four pieces, good luck choosing one! How to enter? Since it's labor day weekend, I'll make this super easy.

**Leave a RELEVANT comment about Pixel Wild Child's work after visiting her shop. Is there any piece that resonates with you more so than the others? What do you think of her work?
Any comments that aren't thoughtful or relevant will discarded. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to e-mail me.
(Saying, "this is cute" is not what I mean by thoughtful. )
Pixel Wild Child- **Shop
**Blog
**Twitter
Good luck and Happy looooong weekend!
{p.s. the fiona brooch is now back in the shop, some of you had asked about it...}
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...