Now I don't really think that I am a big screaming queen, but honey I can be if I want to be, and well here lately I have not even been in the mood to deal with tension like there was today. Well kids I will admit I did something I never hardly ever do and that was to simply----stay quiet, I had hardly anything to say at all. Kids, that is NOT me in any way shape or form! It has made me uncomfortable since then. Why did I do that? It is her problem and not mine, right? Maybe I am making this into something it wasn't This shouldn't matter right?
Well for me Pride weekend has always been a marking that I am close to surviving another year with AIDS and the last few it has not even been that. It seems like I am just surviving and nothing more. Sad, huh sorta pathetic too now that I think about it? Somehow I feel like I have lost the guy I thought I was upbeat, fun, witty, charming, campy, bitchy at times, your best girlfriend a real raconteur if you will. Now I am the guy that clams up, the quiet little wall flower how did this happen?
Maybe I didn't have anything to say? Maybe I was unnerved? Maybe I realized I made her uncomfortable? Maybe I was the first gay she ever met? Who the hell really knows? Maybe my sense of not feeling real proud is I don't really feel like I have done all that much to be proud about here lately. Like I said it seems just like existing. I know there are things to feel proud about but it all seems so long ago. How do I change that? Do I write more about it? Am I not the only one going through this? I am sure this is why I checked into some short term therapy this week.
Is this emotional bareness going to get worse as I get closer to July 16th and my 20th anniversary of living with AIDS? Is it because the toll of AIDS is catching up emotionally? I am I making to much out of this 20th anniversary? Have I lost to much because of AIDS? How can I live a life so much more full to make up for all of the loss? Can I even do that? Do I expect to much? Are my goals to high? Why can't I seem to settle for what I have instead of trying to reachsomething that always seems out of reach? Pride weekend has never been like this and I for one just really need to feel proud again.